Following Google selected the best apps of the year Apple unveils App Store Award winners, the best apps and games of 2023 / Apple Newsroom and Apple — as part of the App Store Awards. In the middle of the month, 37 finalists were named, and now 14 of them have been selected for the best applications in different categories. Here are all the winners:
- The app of the year for iPhone: AllTrails is a service for fans of running, cycling and hiking, which helps to build a route and track results.
- The iPad app of the year: Prêt-à-Makeup is an editor where you can experiment with makeup: apply cosmetics with different colors and textures to the face chart, choosing interesting combinations before working on the face.
- The application of the year for Mac: Photomator is a photo editor from the creators of Pixelmator, a competitor to Lightroom with support for more than 600 RAW photo formats.
- The app of the Year for Apple TV: MUBI is a streaming service with high—quality films from recognized directors and rising cinema stars.
- App of the Year for Apple Watch: SmartGym is a fitness app that creates personalized workout plans and helps you track their effectiveness.
- Game of the Year for iPhone: Honkai: Star Rail is a turn—based role-playing game from the Chinese company HoYoverse, known for Genshin Impact.
- Game of the Year for iPad: Lost in Play is an adventure with puzzle elements in which the player needs to help his brother and sister travel through a fantastic world in search of a way home.
- Game of the Year for Mac: Lies of P — soulslike based on the fairy tale "Pinocchio".
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Hello Kitty Island Adventure is a cozy and cute life simulator with a popular mascot.
They also announced the best applications and games in the nomination "Cultural Influence" — these are projects that help change the world for the better. There are five winners here:
- Pok Pok Playroom is a children's game based on the Montessori method.
- Proloquo is an application designed for non—speaking children and adults that helps to explore alternative communication methods.
- Too Good To Go is an application that allows you to buy food from restaurants or shops with an expiring expiration date at a great discount, which otherwise would have to be thrown away at the end of the day.
- Unpacking is a meditative moving simulator game in which the player learns about the life of a character who never appears on the screen during 8 moves. In 2022, the game received two BAFTA Games awards at once.
- Finding Hannah is a hidden object game about a girl who has a good job and a comfortable life, but she does not feel happy at the same time. Together with the player, she will have to get to know herself better and understand what it means to be happy.
Apple called generative neural networks the main trend (which is not surprising). Among the outstanding applications using AI, ChatGPS, Canva and Picsart were singled out.
More results of the year